Sunday, June 27, 2010

Zucchini in Marinara Sauce / Deer Tick - Black Dirt Sessions


This was a staple at the dinner table in summers when I was growing up. I don't make it as good as my Mom, and I'm pretty sure no one ever will. As I learned how to make both the Zucchini and Marinara from my mother, there's no measurements. If you're not Italian, my bad. If you are you'll be fine.
For the Squash:
1 Zucchini
Garlic
Olive oil
Salt/Pepper

For the Sauce:
Olive oil
Onion
Garlic
1 Big can of crushed tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
Salt/pepper
Red pepper flakes
Basil
Oregano

Zucchini gets sauteed first, then add the sauce into the frying pan to not waste any of the extra oil and garlic.
For the sauce if you just go in order of how the ingredients are listed, you'll be okay.

I enjoy Deer Tick quite a bit. This is there new record, there's not so much else to say about it. Oh wait, The solo at the end of Mange is face melting, that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment