Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pad Thai





Thai food was taken my little world by storm over the last 5 years. It's the most flavorful asian food (sorry Vietnamese food you know I still love you) and doesn't sit in your stomach like a rock (Chinese food, we go back since Gameboys were huge don't be offended). When in New Brunswick I eat Thai Noodle 3 days a week and still I make Pad Thai every 10 days or so. I love it.
The secret to stir frying rice noodles is to not cook them first. Read on!

Pad Thai 
1 lb rice noodles 
1/2c. soy sauce 
3/4c. rice vinegar 
2/3c. sugar 
2 tablespoons sriracha 
1 pound of extra firm tofu 
3 cloves garlic
8 green onions
Limes 
Peanuts -Crushed (do it yourself hippie)

soak rice noodles in hot water until they are slightly soft, don't over soak them or they get really gnarly. mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and sriracha in bowl and set aside. press and cut tofu into small pieces and bake for 25 minutes at 375 place noodles in large, hot, oiled wok and coat with oil. Add soy sauce mixture and bring to boil. Continually fold noodles into center, When most of the liquid is gone add tofu, garlic, green onion. cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Serve Pad Thai with lime wedges and ground peanuts. This dries our really quickly in the fridge. I've also never made less than this amount so invite some buds over and make it a party. Drink some beers or something.


Record: Roadside Graves - My Sons Home
I know these pictures are from February which is about the time the Graves gave us a copy of their new full length. It's 18 songs of utter brilliance. My favorite band currently in New Jersey.
link: http://aquariumdrunkard.org/songs/01%20Far%20And%20Wide.mp3 (it's just a song, I'm not posting this record)

No comments:

Post a Comment